Monday, March 29, 2010

This is the day that the Lord has made.

I have made a pact with myself that no matter how crappy a day goes, I will always something good, you know, see the best in every situation...
Yeah right. That's a lie. I just decided not to write about how bad my day has been!
Can you imagine this nice man, a very nice man indeed. My urology consultant, after I gave him my log book to sign me out for my rotation with him, he left it somewhere in the very ward where I gave it to him. The Pediatric surgery ward. Let me show you how it went.

Act1 Scene 1
There I am clerking a confused little boy trying to figure out how long he's been on admission in the hospital, frustrated by incongruent statements and Anthony walks up to me.
Anthony: Did you intentionally leave your log book by a patient's bed?
Me: What? (Confused at the sight of my log book in his hand, wet in the front)
Anthony: Your log book, it was by this kid's bed, and he peed on it. (He handed over the book to me)

With disgust in my expression I took the book by the corner and began to peel of the paper I had used to cover it.

End of Scene 1

I mean can you imagine that! Pee! On my log book! After I handed it to the man some 15mins before.

Next thing he comes up to me asks why I didn't return the projector to the office after the class. HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW I HAD TO RETURN IT WHEN NOBODY TOLD ME! I'm not the one who went for it! Now it's my fault? GIVE ME A BREAK MAN!

Next they say the case I'm clerking isn't my current consultant's case, so I find someone else's and join in, along with 3 others. Then this man (my new consultant) comes in and says 2 to a case, just when we were almost done.
And because we were so many and his patients were few, we ended clerking another case which wasn't my consultant's case!
Imagine that! And all this happened just before 1pm. I'm tired, my back is aching and I have to be back for a lecture with this man at 2. And I have to be early because we are so many above 60 and there are about 40'ish seats in the whole place.

Having considered all these, I would still say this is the day that the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it. At least the sun is shining and I'm not "sick", so yeah it's still a good day, and it's only going to get better.
I hope I can still make it to church tonight though.

No comments:

Post a Comment